Sunday 12 February 2012

SFX Weekender3 2012

Welllll. A bus and two trains. A bunch of geeks in a pub.Bemused locals.The flurry of excited arrivals to the small town of Prestatyn , Wales.


Thus began the loss of my sci fi convention virginity.While Prestatyn had it's own fantastical/odd? charm:

 It was all about the Convention, so asap we were at Pontin Holiday Camp where it was all taking place, sorting our beds and costumes...




My group LOTNA had a night of FIREFLY  madness planned for the Maskerade Ball, plus drinking fun and  games in our chalets. I had dome my homework, had my gun holster(first time ebay bidder), boots, and random chinese curse words prepared:Kāi liū, Rè gāisǐ....to name a few...(lookem up on google translate).

Much of the weekend was spent in line, for food, to meet stars, to buy books ad merchandise....but there was always somewthing to enterain folks:
 Yes thats a Mini Darth Vader making friends with the Alien.....

even a chance to get in on the action:



The fan costumes(oops, COSPLY), were often really cool:











The DJ was really Funky....It's Lister babe.


and more entertainment:








 yes, it's mini Mario......










and more importantly:


Mr Brian (reserve cosmonaught no1) Blessed:



and not forgetting that Mr R Rankin was VERY pleased wiith his new Raygun:


I went pap' with me camera and even got a shot of the Doctor, and Amy Pond....

oops....




here they are!
my hes shrunk a bit.......


Good fun weekend all up..now to save and plan for the real proper thing next year....San Diego Comic Con Here I come!

Til then...
Live Long and Prosper.....Nanoo Nanoo.....


No comments:

Post a Comment